With this simple trick, you will prevent tulips from hanging
From January, tulips will be in abundance again. A moment we always look forward to, because the colorful, cheerful spring flowers gently herald the approach of spring. But when they get stuck it is a very sad sight. Fortunately, you can easily prevent this.
Pin in a bouquet of flowers
All you have to do is pierce the stems with a pin, Just below the flower. This way you keep the flowers from hanging. Then put the tulips in one a small layer of water in the vase, because that also prevents the flower from “looking down”. Fill up on water occasionally, because they can drink a lot.
This way your tulips will stay beautiful for a longer period of time
In addition, the tips below also help ensure that your tulips stay beautiful for a longer period:
- Cut the stems respectively With a sharp knife, not at an angle like most other flowers. This prevents the tulips from absorbing too much water, causing them to droop.
- Remove the leaves immersed in the water and place them in a clean (!) Vase.
- Add cut flower food or a dash of bleach for more vigorous blooms and water that stays clean longer.
- Do not place tulips near ripening fruit, central heating or stoves, and avoid direct sunlight.
- If necessary, change the contaminated water and cut an oblique piece of stems again.
“Web maven. Infuriatingly humble beer geek. Bacon fanatic. Typical creator. Music expert.”