Do you like it Use your creativity to innovate and create innovative marketing and promotional plans. Do you have a connection to science? Are you full of ideas on how to give our visitors the perfect online experience so they turn into satisfied (online) subscribers? Would you like to actively participate in the leading science platform New Scientist in Amsterdam? Then this is a job FifthAround you.
New Scientist is a leading journal dedicated to disseminating scientific knowledge in plain language. On our website, app and print editions, we dive into the science and deliver The Big Picture Questions about life, the universe, and what it means to be human. If someone in the world has a good idea, you read about it new world.
We also organize several events annually. In addition to our Science Gala, we organize on behalf of and in collaboration with, among others: New World Live! in Lowland Sciences.
what are you going to do?
if Marketer At New Scientist, you’re responsible for growth goals around subscription acquisition, the best online experience for our visitors and positioning our books and products online. There’s plenty of room for your input and creativity.
Could simulating black holes in the laboratory help solve the mysteries surrounding space-time?
In laboratories, physicists build approximate models of the universe. Can this simulation reveal the secrets of space and time?
The scope of tasks includes, among others:
– Creating creative content (photos, videos, writing and writing texts)
– Develop and implement marketing campaigns (online).
– Managing clients and external agencies
-Managing social media channels
– Site maintenance
– Issuing press releases
– Participate in organizing events and lectures, both online and offline
– Enter product specifications and maintain reports
What are we looking for?
-You are enthusiastic, creative, organized and can work independently.
– I have completed HBO/WO education in Marketing (Online).
– You have demonstrable experience in marketing and public relations, preferably in publishing.
-You have a connection to science and media.
– Be proficient in the Dutch language, spoken and written.
– You have experience using social media (Facebook, Instagram) and are skilled in working with WordPress and Copernica (or any other marketing tool)
– You have knowledge and experience using Google Adwords and Google Analytics or are willing to learn
-You are enthusiastic, proactive, and creative and like to think of (new) ways to draw attention to scientific knowledge.
What do we offer?
– Fun and diverse workplace in Amsterdam East
– Possibility of working (partially) from home
– Space for personal development
– Collaborate in an enthusiastic and professional team
– Free access to scientific events and lectures.
-Salary indication between €3,000 and €3,400 gross per month on a full-time/36-hour basis
Do you want to be part of our team? Convince us why this position is right for you by sending us your letter of motivation and CV. You can email this until 22 December to: [email protected] for the attention of Marketing and Sales Manager Alex Sieval.
New Scientist is a leading journal that makes scientific information understandable to a wide audience. It is part of Uitgeverij Veen Media, where we not only publish articles on various scientific topics, but also great books on technology, health and nature. In addition, we regularly organize events and trips for science enthusiasts.
“Travel enthusiast. Alcohol lover. Friendly entrepreneur. Coffeeaholic. Award-winning writer.”