There are many foods that are very low in calories, which means that you can eat them in relatively large amounts without consuming too many calories. Here is a list of foods that are considered “low calorie”:
- water: 0 calories.
- Green leafy vegetablesSpinach, lettuce, kale and other leafy greens are low in calories.
- optionIt mainly contains water and is very low in calories.
- celery: Known to contain “negative” calories, meaning that the body may burn more calories digesting it than the food itself contains.
- tomatoesCherry tomatoes and plums in particular are low in calories.
- PepperGreen peppers in particular are low in calories.
- BroccoliRich in nutrients and fiber, yet low in calories.
- soccerLike broccoli, it is rich in nutrients and fiber but low in calories.
- asparagus: an excellent low-calorie vegetable.
- mushroomsMany varieties, such as porcini mushrooms, are low in calories.
- berries: Although they do contain some calories, berries such as strawberries, cranberries, and blueberries are relatively low in calories and rich in nutrients and antioxidants.
- watermelonWatermelon and cantaloupe are mainly water and therefore low in calories.
- radishThese crunchy vegetables are low in calories.
- Courgettes: a versatile vegetable that is also low in calories.
While many of these foods are low in calories, they are often packed with nutrients, making them a great addition to a well-balanced diet. However, it is important to note that eating only these foods is not enough for a balanced diet. It is always good to eat a varied diet and get all the necessary micro and macro nutrients.
“Travel enthusiast. Alcohol lover. Friendly entrepreneur. Coffeeaholic. Award-winning writer.”