Total will sell or share more than 2,000 petrol stations in Europe

Total will sell or share more than 2,000 petrol stations in Europe

TotalEnergies’ filling stations in Germany and the Netherlands will be taken over by another group. The French fuel and energy giant will sell its network at the end of 2023 to the Canadian company Couche-Tard, which specializes in the sale of food and fuel products. In total, there are just under 1,600 filling stations that will change chief: 1,198 in Germany and 392 in the Netherlands.

However, the TotalEnergies brand will remain visible as long as petroleum group fuel is sold at these stations, i.e. until 2028. TotalEnergies fuel card users should be able to continue using the existing network in the future.

Common property in our country

In Belgium, TotalEnergies will retain control of its service stations, but in joint management with Couche-Tard of 619 service stations, including those in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. TotalEnergies owns 40% of the shares, and the remaining 60% goes to Couche-Tard. In 2015, Total has already sold its network of tanks in Italy, Switzerland and the UK.

This realignment responds to reduced demand for gasoline and diesel by 2035. In addition, TotalEnergies estimates that most electric vehicle users will no longer have to go to a public charging station to charge them. The French multinational believes that the majority of shipping will be done at home or at work – for those who have those options.

See also  The IMF is a little more rosy about the global economy, but that doesn't apply to industrialized countries

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *