This year, the Eurovision Song Contest in Rotterdam Ahoy may still be open to the public. Outgoing Minister Ari Slope (Media) said Thursday The Telegraph The government decided to turn the song contest into a Fieldlab test event.
At each show, 3,500 spectators may attend. It concerns semi-finals, finalists and rehearsals. The Eurovision Song Contest takes place from May 18-22.
Due to the Coronavirus, it has not been clear for a long time whether there will be an audience this year. Due to the travel restrictions, this only concerns the Dutch public. According to the newspaper, Rotterdam plans to award tickets to low-income people.
It also intends to invite participants from 41 countries to Rotterdam. They will have to adhere to strict rules and they will not be allowed to leave the hotel just like this.
Nevertheless, the government has built a big “but”: if the number of coronavirus infections rises sharply, the event may continue without an audience. Slope says the final decision will be made at the end of April.
The Songfestival is joining a series of experimental events organized under the name Fieldlab. In these events, it is examined how events can still be organized in a responsible manner during the Corona crisis. Previously, various theater performances, football matches, a concert by Andre Hazes and a dance party were organized.
Slope says he is happy that there is still an audience for the 65th edition of the Eurovision Song Contest. “With the lessons we can learn from this field laboratory, we hope to take further steps towards a society where more is possible. Everyone is ready for that.”
Jeangu Macrooy participated in the song for Holland The birth of a new era.
“Travel specialist. Typical social media scholar. Friend of animals everywhere. Freelance zombie ninja. Twitter buff.”