America can only watch with concern: North Korea has embarked on its latest plan

America can only watch with concern: North Korea has embarked on its latest plan

North Korea has begun operating its spy satellite, state news agency KCNA said on Sunday, after the country launched its first military spy satellite last month, prompting renewed sanctions from the United States and its allies.

A new satellite operations office at the General Command Center of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NATA) in Pyongyang began its work on Saturday and will report information it receives to the Military Intelligence Office and other key units, KCNA said.

North Korea is onto something again. Photo: Pixabay

North Korea says it successfully launched its first military spy satellite on November 21, sending images of the White House in Washington, the US Department of Defense, US military bases and “areas” in South Korea. The move raised regional tensions and prompted new sanctions from the US, Australia, Japan and South Korea.

Pyongyang has yet to release images from the satellite, and analysts and foreign governments debate how the new device actually works. North Korea is prohibited by a series of UN resolutions from conducting tests using ballistic technology.

(MTI)

See also  IBrojet first hybrid model: Focus on South America and commercial transport

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *