A prominent scientist no longer believes in the existence of COVID-19 / News naturally

A prominent New York City microbiologist said in an interview last Friday that “disturbing information” had prompted him to change course regarding his belief in the “natural origin” of COVID-19.

Peter Palese was one of 27 scientists last year Permit In the British scientific journal The Lancet denounced the idea that Sars-Cov-2 had escaped from the laboratory, or even man-made, as “conspiracy theories”.

But Palese — chief of the microbiology department at the Icahn School of Medicine — now says he’s no longer convinced that’s the case.

“I think a thorough investigation is needed into the origin of the COVID-19 virus,” he said. Palese said to daily Mail. “A lot of disturbing information has surfaced since the publication of the Lancet statement that I signed, so I want to see answers to all questions.”

When asked how he was approached to sign the letter last year and what specifically new information emerged that made him change his mind, Professor Pallis declined to comment.

The signatories spoke of the statement in The Lancet Expressing solidarity with all China’s scientists and health professionals He added: “We stand together to condemn conspiracy theories that COVID-19 has no natural origin.”

On Thursday, Vanity Fair revealed that the statement to The Lancet was secretly orchestrated by Peter Daszak, president of the nonprofit EcoHealth Alliance. This organization has donated about $600,000 in US taxpayer money to China’s Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV), which researches coronaviruses and is now suspected by a number of people of being the source of COVID-19.

See also  The resigned British minister who kisses an employee in front of the camera “would have affected” | abroad

In January, the State Department said the WIV had been cooperating on secret projects with the Chinese military since 2017.

Former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said he would “convinced” is that the COVID-19 pandemic is the result of a lab ‘leak’ that the Chinese government has accused of covering up.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *