One of the main suspects in the MH17 trial did not know until hours later that separatists in eastern Ukraine shot down a Boeing plane, according to reports. News Hour Sunday based on telephone conversations in the study. Sergey Dubinsky will be the head of the Russian Espionage and Reconnaissance Unit.
The current affairs program handled thousands of phone conversations Dubinsky had before, during and after the MH17 disaster in 2014. The Ukrainian Secret Service is said to have recorded the conversations and it was alleged that the Joint Investigative Team (JIT) verified the authenticity of the voice.
The Dutch Public Prosecution Service (OM) also has the recordings, but a spokesperson says in a conversation with him News Hour It did not matter in the case against Dubinsky that he was not immediately aware of the disaster. The program quotes “They are guilty of destroying an aircraft and killing its occupants, and there is no need to prove this intentionally.”
The tapes show that on July 17, 2014 (Day of the Disaster), Dubinsky talked a lot about the descending missile that shot down the MH17. He would have been responsible for handing over and removing the buk installation. Dubinsky says he wanted to use the missile against Ukrainian fighters. Half an hour after the disaster, Dubinsky heard that the drop was successful.
When he called two hours later to clarify, Dubinsky learned of the plane that had crashed. According to his men, a Ukrainian fighter plane was shot down and shot down by a Boeing shortly before. However, the Dutch Safety Council (OVV) previously concluded that there are no other aircraft near the passenger plane. Later, Russia also abandoned this theory.