Utrecht University, Utrecht / Velamedia
Are you a communication specialist and have a passion for scientific research? Are you curious, creative and like to make connections between science and a broad audience? Then we are looking for you!
The Faculty of Sciences of the University of Utrecht is looking for a Communications Consultant to pursue the position and profile of its faculty members nationally and internationally. In the Faculty of Science, scientists work at both a fundamental and applied level to find solutions to complex social problems in the field of sustainability and health. Research ranges from mathematics, physics, and computer science to chemistry, biology, and pharmacology.
Together with colleagues and researchers, you will develop a robust strategy for locating and profiling a piece of scientific research. You can then work on the implementation and you are the point of contact for scientists, media and other groups for all things (scientific) communication. Outer communication is your main area of focus, but sometimes you do something for the sake of inner vision.
You are part of the College of Science’s Communication and Marketing team. You will also work closely with colleagues in science communications in other parts of Utrecht University.
• Together with your stakeholders and colleagues in the field of communications, you can develop a strong position and profiling for our basic and applied research in, for example, life sciences, sustainability and artificial intelligence.
• you are interested in preparing a communication plan up to and including its implementation; From a press release to a website, from a small event to a news item, from presentations to social media content. Just what is needed.
• You are building a network of scholars, so that you can respond quickly to media questions. You advise and assist scientists when approaching the media. You respond to current events by connecting research within the college with current topics in the outside world.
• You contribute to the internal vision of the above-mentioned research topics within the college and university.
• You work across college boundaries to profile university-wide research topics.
You are creative and love creating content. You can perform translation between science and the public in every possible way. You have a proactive/practical mindset. We would also like to bring the following:
• Science education, preferably at an academic level, and/or a clear affinity with science.
• At least three years of relevant work experience.
• You do well independently and also know how to create and use connections.
• A team attitude, rich in initiative and results-oriented.
• A pen fluent in Dutch and English.
• A diversified position in an ambitious team, where excellent results and a pleasant working atmosphere are central;
• Lots of opportunities to develop yourself.
• a one-year job, with the prospect of obtaining a permanent job with good performance;
• The full-time gross salary varies, depending on education and experience, from €2,979 to €4,490 (Scale 9 or 10, Dutch Universities Collective Labor Agreement);
• 8% holiday bonus and 8.3% year-end bonus;
• Pension scheme, partially paid parental leave and Flexible working conditions Based on the collective labor agreement of Dutch universities;
In addition to the terms of employment stipulated in the collective labor agreement of Dutch universities, Utrecht University has a number of its own schemes. For example, there are agreements about professional development, vacation arrangements, and sports. We also give you space to expand your terms of employment via the Terms of Employment Options form. This way we encourage you to keep growing.
More information about work can be found in the Faculty of Science here†
The feature is available immediately.
About the organization
The Communication Department is responsible for communication about education and research in the College of Science. Internal communication, scholarly communication, and new student recruitment are important topics. The department consists of eighteen employees.
Working in College of Science Above all, it means bringing together intelligent minds from different backgrounds, from different fields, and from different perspectives. We have six departments: Biology, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Computer Science, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. We support faculty in conducting excellent research and providing inspiring education. Want to know more about us?
In the Utrecht University We work together for a better future for all of us. With more than 7,000 employees, we provide socially relevant research and high-quality education. The university is an active and engaged part of society, with the added value of our open view on social issues. We work with other (international) universities, the business community, governments, the cultural sector, and social organizations. Working at Utrecht University means working at the best university in the Netherlands.
If you have any questions about this position, please feel free to ask Aschwin Tenfelde, Head of External Communications Team, via [email protected] / +316 50 23 36 30. Aschwin will be absent from April 22 to May 8.. during During this period, feel free to contact Nieske Vergunst, Scientific Information Officer and Communications Consultant, via [email protected]
Do you have a question about the application procedure? Send an email to [email protected] stating the job title.
If you have the necessary knowledge and experience to excel in this role, please respond via the button “Progressing”† We would like to receive your motivation (link) to your portfolio and CV.
Everyone deserves to feel at home at our university. We welcome employees from different backgrounds and viewpoints. If this position is not for you, but you know someone else who might be interested, please forward this link to them.
A response must be made no later than May 16, 2022.
“Travel enthusiast. Alcohol lover. Friendly entrepreneur. Coffeeaholic. Award-winning writer.”