Round Table on Student Welfare | The House of Representatives of the General States
The Education, Culture and Science Committee will hold a round table discussion on Student Welfare on Thursday, March 9 from 2:00 pm to 4:15 pm.
Follow the live broadcast
The meeting will take place in Thorbeckezaal in the House of Representatives. You can go directly through this website to watch or Listen to Or see through Handy The app and the corresponding direct website.
You can go through the pieces belong to this meeting. There is no verbatim report on the round table discussion.
MPs Van der Molen (CDA) and Kwint (SP) took the initiative to convene a roundtable discussion on student welfare.
In recent years, the topic of student welfare has increasingly appeared on the Council’s agenda. Commissioned by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science, Trimbos Institute, in collaboration with RIVM and GGD GHOR Netherlands Monitoring mental health and substance use for higher education students released. This indicates that students suffer from performance pressure, loneliness and other mental problems.
Causes of mental problems and possible solutions
By conducting this round table discussion, the committee wants to know more about the underlying causes of students’ mental problems and what can be done about it. The following points can be discussed in the round table discussion:
– the underlying causes of performance pressure, loneliness and other mental problems of students in higher education and vocational education;
– Possible solutions to mental problems for students of higher education and vocational education.
Block 1 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
- Damien Dennis is a philosopher and works as a psychiatrist at the Department of Psychiatry at the Amsterdam UMC.
- Julienne Dumpmeyer, Project Leader for Students at the Trimbos Institute and also one of the National Project Leaders for Monitoring Mental Health and Substance Use for Students in Higher Education, commissioned by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science and VWS.
- Farid Tabarki, founder of Studio Zeitgeist which investigates the changing zeitgeist and its associated (social) consequences. Head of the Youth Perspective Platform.
- Mariken Luers, president of the RIVM Center for Health and Society.
Block 2 3.15pm – 4.15pm
- Kimberly Snyders, President, NJR (National Youth Council Association), is part of the SER Youth Platform.
- Frederick Friends, Director, MIND Us.
- Justin Krissibaum, Vice President, Youth Organization for Vocational Education (JOB).
- Koen Voss, Broad Education Practitioner in Firda, ROC created by the merger of ROC Friese Poort and Friesland College.
A number of invitees submitted a so-called position paper, in which they outlined their vision and points of view. You can view it here.
“Travel enthusiast. Alcohol lover. Friendly entrepreneur. Coffeeaholic. Award-winning writer.”