Rockstar confirms hack and says work on GTA VI is going as planned – Gaming – News
Rockstar Games has confirmed that the GTA VI gameplay footage leaked over the weekend is authentic. The studio wrote in a statement that it recently fell victim to a hack in which early images of the game were downloaded. The company continues to work on the GTA title.
“We recently fell victim to a network hack where a third party illegally accessed and downloaded confidential information from our systems,” Rockstar Games writes on Twitter. The studio confirms that this includes early visuals for the next Grand Theft Auto game.
Rockstar says it’s “extremely disappointed” that information about the next GTA game has turned out this way. Work on the next GTA game continues on the current schedule, and the studio continues. The company states that it will be rolling out updates “soon” and will share more about the game in due course once it’s ready. “We remain committed to providing an experience that exceeds your expectations.” Previously confirmed by Rockstar It’s working on a new GTA gameBut she did not share more details about it.
GTA VI images It appeared last week. A GTAForums user named teapotuberhacker posted a 3GB file containing over 50 minutes of gameplay for the title online. The images confirmed, among other things, that the game will have a female character, as previously expected. Rockstar also confirmed Monday that these are images from an early development stage.
Rockstar won’t share more details about the hack, but says the company does not currently expect the network hack to affect its services and future game development. The alleged hacker stated this weekend that he wants to run a build test of GTA VI and GTA V source codes online. Forum user called Rockstar to contact them to negotiate a deal. Rockstar did not mention this in its statement.
“Web maven. Infuriatingly humble beer geek. Bacon fanatic. Typical creator. Music expert.”