Ricciardo contradicts rumors of leaving McLaren: 'Don't run away' |  Currently

Ricciardo contradicts rumors of leaving McLaren: ‘Don’t run away’ | Currently

Daniel Ricciardo has contradicted rumors of an early departure from McLaren. The Australian Formula 1 driver said in a statement on Wednesday that he wants to terminate his contract with the British racing stable.

Ricciardo himself raised doubts about his contract after the Spanish Grand Prix at the end of May, which runs until the end of 2023. The 33-year-old said he would speak to McLaren “in the summer” “about next year”, after which a journalist noted that he He still has a contract until 2023.

It came amid a string of fewer performances, which he has only broken on a few occasions since then. “Ricciardo does not live up to our expectations,” said Monaco team principal Zac Brown.

Since then, a long line of drivers’ names have passed who could replace Ricciardo. Last weekend, for example, Formula 2 champion Oscar Piastre, a native driver from Perth, was added.

“There are a lot of rumors about my future in Formula 1,” Ricciardo said on Wednesday. Instagram account† “But I want you to hear it from me for yourself.”

Daniel Ricciardo has been in the shadow of teammate Lando Norris this season.


Daniel Ricciardo has been in the shadow of teammate Lando Norris this season.

Daniel Ricciardo has been in the shadow of teammate Lando Norris this season.

picture: Getty Images

“I realize it wasn’t always easy”

“I will give my best for McLaren until the end of next season and will not stray from the sport,” said the current No. 12 in the World Cup standings. “I realize it hasn’t always been easy, but who wants something easy? I’m working hard with the team to make the car better and get back to the front where we belong.”

See also  The newest outdoor game YOU.FO

“I still want this, more than ever,” concludes Ricciardo, who is already looking forward to the next Grand Prix in France. “See you at Le Castellet.”

The eight-time Formula 1 winner currently has less than a third of his teammate Lando Norris’ points (17 to 64). In nine out of eleven races this season, he has qualified behind his 22-year-old teammate.

McLaren lets IndyCar drivers get a taste of Formula 1

Meanwhile, McLaren has several drivers from American IndyCars trying out a Formula 1 car. For example, the American Colton Herta was tested on Tuesday with a car from last year in Portugal. Mexican Pato O’Ward is also part of this programme.

On Wednesday, McLaren announced that IndyCar champ Alex Ballou will move to the US branch of the team. In addition, the Spaniard is allowed to test a Formula 1 car from McLaren.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.