The Netherlands Scientific Research Organization (NWO), The Hague, published March 29, 2022
Information about the organization
The National Agency for Education Research (NRO) is committed to improving and innovating education with knowledge from research. The NRO does this by coordinating and funding research needed by professionals in educational practice and policy. NRO stimulates the relationship between educational research and educational practice and policy. It makes the results of educational research findable and accessible, so that knowledge can be used as effectively as possible in educational practices and policies. In this, NRO works hand in hand with various partners in and around education. NRO is part of the Dutch Scientific Research Organization (NWO). NRO is looking for:
Practical Communications Consultant with experience in primary and/or secondary education
In cooperation with other parties, NRO is developing a National Knowledge Center (www.onderwijskennis.nlTo link educational research with educational practice and educational policy. This knowledge center makes the knowledge of educational research feasible and accessible and connects important parts of the knowledge infrastructure in the field of education. The Education Knowledge.nl website contains knowledge boxes on relevant education topics. These knowledge boxes provide accessible overviews of what we know from research. A Dutch version of the Preventive Education Foundation Toolkit will also be published online in April 2022. In the coming years, the knowledge center will continue to grow in phases. The ambition is for the topics of Knowledge Boxes to come to life. It is important to interact with the target users in the form of meetings. As the knowledge center grows, stronger links are coming together between important parts of the knowledge infrastructure. Through the Knowledge Hub, NRO contributes to using knowledge from research to improve and innovate education.
In this position you are responsible for:
• Translating research findings into powerful communications for primary and secondary education. This includes:
• Selection of useful and memorable search results
• Write and edit different types of texts for educational professionals
• Training colleagues to write attractive texts
• Oversight of outsourcing of communication sources (eg engaging texts, infographics, videos and podcasts), including quality assurance
• Develop and develop a social media strategy with colleagues. Including creating strong messages that promote access to educational knowledge and other activities.
• Establish and maintain contacts with networks in education and related media, in order to further disseminate ideas derived from the research.
• Prepare, develop, update and implement strong contributions to the NRO level communication strategy and the resulting guidelines and procedures.
• Flexible and proactive contribution to all types of new communication initiatives that arise to increase the use of educational knowledge. nl.
You are able to achieve results quickly and at the same time make excellent contacts with external researchers, educational professionals, all kinds of networks and internal colleagues from different teams.
The person we are looking for:
• Complete a university master’s degree in communication sciences or a full university master’s degree in educational sciences or related social sciences with practical experience in communication
• Lots of experience and practical experience in the field of social media
• Extensive experience in communication activities for primary and/or secondary education
• A proactive operational mindset
• Excellent communication and editing skills, both orally and in writing. Experience in communicating about search results is a plus
• Learning attitude: reflects on the individual’s work procedures, sees opportunities for improvement and new opportunities and contributes on this basis.
You are also results oriented, proactive, customer oriented, flexible and a team player.
For more information on NRO, see www.nro.nl.
For more information about the position, please contact Angela Molema, Communication Counsellor, Tel: 0703494407 or [email protected] Information on recruitment procedures can be obtained from Serife Yaman, Human Resources Consultant, tel. 0440648-070 or [email protected]
Note: There is no deadline to respond to this vacancy as we are constantly recruiting. This means that once every two weeks we process application letters, invite interesting candidates for an interview and, if appropriate, offer an employment contract.
We prefer looking for candidates who are available in the short term (possibly for a part-time transitional period).
A salary based on education and work experience and can range from €2,846 to a maximum total of €4,514 per month (according to scale 10 of Annex 1 of the Collective Labor Agreement for Research Institutes) up to a maximum of €5,269 (scale 11). This is a temporary employment contract for one year. There is a possibility of extension if it works well and if new similar projects are created in NRO.
NWO also offers:
• A unique opportunity to participate in scientific and social developments in the field of education.
• Young and dynamic team.
• Opportunities for further development through all types of training.
• flexible working hours;
• Opportunities to work from home.
• 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% year-end bonus
• Six to eight weeks of vacation on an annual basis with a full-time employment contract;
• Collective discount on various insurance policies.
• Average pay pension with ABP.
• Allowance & Travel Expenses
• Sports facilities.
advance through this link†
“Travel enthusiast. Alcohol lover. Friendly entrepreneur. Coffeeaholic. Award-winning writer.”