In one of the most innovative research and development environments in the Netherlands, you will work on new concepts and technologies that contribute to peace and security around the world. This is in conjunction with leading researchers in various technical fields. Would you like to use your knowledge and experience for innovations in defense and security? This is possible in the Defense, Safety and Security (DSS) unit! As a mediocre or scholar, you advocate for quality and strengthen the epistemological position of your research group.
At DSS, we strive for an inclusive culture in which we are open, talk, listen and look out for each other. We work together to achieve common goals, across disciplines and departments, we encourage diversity and learn from each other’s experiences and ideas. This puts science and innovation at the fore. Read more about defense and security at TNO
Meet some of your future colleagues here: Working on a safe society | Get to know TNO – YouTube
What will you do?
You put the essence of complex thinking and analytical work persuasively and comprehensively in the spotlight, for both clients and colleagues. You can also present your research results at conferences and publish them in peer-reviewed journals. This way you play an important role in the cognitive attitude of your research group. You are constantly building your network, inside and outside TNO, working with scholars from other research institutes and universities.
How do you want to contribute to the world of tomorrow? How big is your influence? Come work at TNO and see for yourself.
What do we expect from you
What else to bring:
- University Masters or PhD, for example, in one of the following disciplines: Physics, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Data Science, Computer Science, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Mathematics, Econometrics, Psychology, or Business (Technical).
- Experience or interest in defense and security.
What do we offer you
Perhaps you want to grow in the direction of trading or consulting. Or do you want to become a project manager, (deputy) department manager, or do you want to dig deeper into sustainable innovations or pursue a career as a technical expert.
In addition, at TNO you can make a “list” of working conditions that suit your personal situation. All you can expect:
- A highly professional and innovative work environment, with the best experts as colleagues.
- Possibility to follow training courses, workshops, visit conferences and training if you need it.
- 33 days off (with full-time work).
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talent, through initiatives such as the Women’s Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and roundtables on inclusion topics.
- Travel or bicycle allowance.
- Fun activities with your team and other TNO employees. This way you can quickly get to know a lot of people.
- Flexible working hours and the option to work from home.
- Comprehensive transition package for international applicants.
- Good pension system.
Read here the business terms that you can choose from.
TNO as an employer
We at TNO encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you offer. By combining our unique strengths and perspectives, we can specifically develop innovations that make a real difference to society. know more? Read what steps we’re taking in diversity and inclusion.
What does the process look like?
This is a permanent vacancy, we are looking for many short term professionals. The application procedure consists of two rounds of interviews. At a final meeting, we discuss terms of employment that you compose yourself. We aim to complete the entire procedure within four weeks.
Online assessment and reference examination can be part of the selection procedure.
Since you will also be working with clients in defense and security, it is essential that AIVD issues a declaration of no objection (VGB). This is why you should go through a security check beforehand. You can read more information about this here†
Did this vacancy spark something in you?
Then we look forward to receiving your response!
For more information about the job or procedure, please contact us.
the recruit: Jane Dounisfield
Moving: +31 (0) 6-294 07566
recruitment manager: Wemke Weij, van der
phone number: +31 (0) 6527 79032
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not estimated.
“Travel enthusiast. Alcohol lover. Friendly entrepreneur. Coffeeaholic. Award-winning writer.”