The Brain Foundation has been doing everything it can for a healthy mind for everyone for over 30 years
We believe that everyone should be able to get the most out of life. whoever you are. Whatever the state of your brain.
For more than 30 years, we have been making connections between different types of disorders. Because if you learn something about one condition, it may also be useful for another. In this way, we find more and more solutions to keep the brain healthy, to treat it better and to help people with a brain disorder participate in society.
To achieve this, we collaborate with researchers, professionals, patients and the public. Every day again. Together, we have one goal in mind: healthy brains for everyone. We want to be there for everyone and help everyone – whenever possible. By continuing to look at how the disorders can be prevented or treated and ensuring that people with a brain disorder can participate in the community. We do this by funding research and innovations, providing information and putting the importance of our brains on the agenda everywhere.
Think what we can do together
For our contact and information team, we are immediately looking for a proactive and pragmatic method
Communication Science Consultant (32 h)
What will you do?
Within the field of treatment impact, we fund research and innovations to create treatments that treat, stop, or slow brain disorders or improve quality of life for people with a brain disorder. In this position, you translate scientific research and innovation projects funded by the Brain Foundation into texts (information) and communications (plans) and engage relevant professional target groups in our work.
• Experts in translating scientific content into texts that are understandable and easy to read for the target group
• Develop and implement an annual plan aimed at increasing, maintaining and engaging our network of (scientific) professionals
• Transcribes and writes texts on (impact) research and innovation projects funded by the Brain Foundation
• Create various texts and communications such as support newsletters, call transcripts, web scripts and other content
• Prepares and implements communication plans (whether as a project leader or not) for the various projects and studies offered by the Brain Foundation (Sharek).
• Works with the Brain Foundation’s Communication Strategy as a framework to achieve the goal of treatment effect
• Part of the communication team, and participates in multidisciplinary project teams working to address the impact goal
who are you?
We are looking for a proactive and sensitive information/communication professional. Someone with great personal motivation and a commitment to our mission: Healthy Brains for Everyone. You think of your target audience, you are a good writer by nature, and you are practical and results-oriented.
• Relevant completed education (eg (science) communications, public relations and/or journalism) with a minimum of HBO or academic work and level of reasoning
• Knowledge and experience in developing communication plans and developing various online and offline resources
• Experience with one or more content management systems and/or marketing automation
• Fluency in Dutch and pen fluently
• At least 3-5 years relevant work experience
And align yourself with the Brain Foundation if you naturally give substance to our core values:
• You have the courage to choose and fill the position, and you dare to experiment
• You love working together inside and outside the organization and bringing out the best in others
• you feel involved in the needs of our supporters and the target groups we work for; This requires coordination, testing, and acting reliably and prudently
• You work with professional expertise and knowledge on healthy brains for everyone
we present to you:
A diverse, challenging, and independent position within a growing organization with enthusiastic and committed colleagues! We operate a hybrid, in principle half from The Hague and half from home. We offer a yearly contract, salary depends on relevant work experience and ranges from €3,006.83 to a maximum of €4,478.85 per month excluding 8.5% vacation allowance for a 36-hour work week. Lots of vacation days. The Brain Foundation has its own terms in the recruitment scheme.
Do you want to make a difference with us and participate in the further development of the Brain Foundation to become the greatest champion of healthy minds? Apply now! The Brain Foundation wishes to promote inclusion and diversity within the organization. Because it is precisely the differences that help us do our work better. We are curious about you and your background!
Would you like to know more about the job or would you like to meet with us before applying? Please contact Christelle Sohir, Director of Communications and Information, via [email protected] or by phone at 06-30995354.
Immediately excited? Then send your letter of motivation and your CV (until 27 June) to Mariska van den Berg, Human Resources Consultant via [email protected] with the mention “Vacancy Communications Consultant”. Selection interviews will take place in week 27.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not estimated.
“Travel enthusiast. Alcohol lover. Friendly entrepreneur. Coffeeaholic. Award-winning writer.”