Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences / Leiden Delft Erasmus Center for Sustainability is looking for
Communications and event manager
As Communications and Events Manager, you are responsible for putting the Leiden-Delft-Erasmus Center for Sustainability (LDE CfS) on the map (online). It builds on and expands outreach activities that CfS has already published, such as regularly recurring conferences, network meetings, podcasts, newsletters, and presenting press releases on CfS research findings. Your skills are basic in communications and event management, but you also have an affinity and interest in the issues surrounding sustainability and the circular economy. You are good at making connections, networking and seeking connections with researchers, private parties and governments who bring together the supply and demand for knowledge in the three innovation hubs (cities, agri-food and circular industries) of the LDE Center for Sustainability.
• Develop a program of communications and events with the director of the center and coordinators of the innovation centers. You are thinking creatively with your communication strategy and how we can best put LDE CfS on the map;
• Implement a communication program (eg, developing content and keeping up with social media, newsletters, and events).
• Approach related parties in the context of a quadruple helix.
• Level of work and HBO thinking and education relevant to HBO in the direction of communication, administration, management, facility management or event management.
• Proven track record in communication, development and implementation of public relations strategy.
• Affinity with content writing and editing (online) (text and images);
• Experience in developing and managing content.
• Very good communication skills, both orally and in writing, in Dutch and English.
• A good sense of the different scientific disciplines that play a role in solving issues related to sustainability and the circular economy.
• You have experience in the organization and production of (large scale) events and meetings.
• Ideally at least 3-5 years of work experience in a related position.
• Adventurous, proactive and daring.
• You work in an orderly and orderly manner.
LDE is a strategic alliance between Leiden University, Delft University of Technology and Erasmus University Rotterdam. The Sustainability Center is one of the LDE centers and focuses on sustainability, and the circular economy is the spearhead. In three innovation centers in the areas of cities, agri-food and circular industries, the Sustainability Center brings together scientific and practical knowledge through research, education and communication activities. Future sustainability challenges such as climate and circular economy require integrated solutions. A new collaboration is needed within science, but also between science and practice. So the three universities from South Holland decided to cooperate with each other and with important partners in the province of South Holland.
The position is placed in the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences of Leiden University. This is a premier college where staff and students work in a dynamic international environment and where personal and academic development is paramount. Our employees are inspired by curiosity, in order to increase basic knowledge and look beyond limits. In order to learn and contribute to the great social challenges of tomorrow.
Recruitment will take place in accordance with the collective labor agreement of Dutch universities, initially for a period of one year. Extension is possible, depending on need, proven suitability, and available resources. Depending on education and work experience, a minimum salary of €3,098 and a maximum of €4,257 per month for a full-time appointment (scale of 9). You will be assigned to the Environmental Science Center in Leiden.
Promoting an inclusive society is fundamental to the values and vision of Leiden University. Leiden University strives to become an inclusive community that enables all students and staff to feel valued, respected, and develop to their fullest potential. Diversity of experiences and perspectives enriches our teaching and strengthens our research. Comprehensive high-quality education and research.
For more information on the content of this position, please contact Ilse Markensteijn, Director of the Education Program, LDE Center for Sustainability: [email protected]
Applications containing the vacancy number and attached letter of motivation and CV may be sent via email until Wednesday 5 October 2022 at the latest to [email protected].
The first job interviews will take place on Thursday, October 13th. You are required to be present on this day.
“Travel enthusiast. Alcohol lover. Friendly entrepreneur. Coffeeaholic. Award-winning writer.”