Ministry of Education, Culture and Science
Whether it is an awards ceremony, a presentation, the opening of the school year, a conversation with teachers or a platform interview on cultural policy: as a speechwriter, you translate ideas, leadership and politics into touching words. You write speeches and other attractive texts for the Minister and/or Secretary of State at the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science in The Hague.
The Ministry of Education, Culture and Science (OCW) works on a smart, skilled and creative Netherlands. We are looking for a speech writer for public speaking and public appearances.
The Communications Department advises Ministers, Senior Officials and Policy Officers of the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science on policy development (communication). We are there for the press and the public, for politics and regulation.
In addition to speeches, she writes introductions and columns and prepares for interviews. Plus, you can seamlessly translate a speech into powerful online content. You can easily put yourself in the shoes of the Minister/Secretary of State for whom you are writing, and have a keen eye on the deeper values of their politics. You can easily go into the audience and take on the role of a relative stranger. You also understand the policy officers’ point of view and are happy to discuss their file with them.
You write about all the topics that affect the ministry, such as education, science, media, culture and emancipation. You work on a team of three letter writers, with one of them as your coordinator. You divide the work together and regularly argue with each other about the quality, choices you make, and effectiveness of the speeches. In addition, you participate in the team of one of the Ministers or the Secretary of State. In this way it helps in preparing presentations. You can do this alongside spokespersons and advisors for public appearances, the Secretary/Secretary of State, colleagues from policy departments and event organizers.
• To have an academic level, and practical experience of not less than three years, preferably as a letter writer;
• you have a golden pen, preferably also in English, and you can easily come up with stories and ideas;
• You have a broad and significant political interest and preferably experience in Ministry of Education, Culture and Science subjects. This is not necessary, because a good letter writer can deal with many substantive topics;
• You are a powerful advisor and discussion partner;
• You are conductive and have an extroverted personality;
• you understand the work of your colleagues in our department, you want to work in an interdisciplinary way and you like to think with your colleagues;
• You love teamwork, but are not afraid to take ultimate responsibility for the speech;
• You are flexible and creative and perform easily under pressure (time).
• Finally, and just as important: You are a colleague who is a pleasure to work with, because job satisfaction is paramount in OCW’s communications department.
Salary level: 11 scale, 12 . scale
Classification is based on experience.
Maand¬salaris: minimum €3,344 – maximum. 5.825 euros (proto)
Employment Contract: A fixed-term employment contract for an indefinite period
Contract duration: 1 year
Minimum number of hours per week: 32 hours
Maximum number of hours per week: 36
Other terms of employment
In addition to the salary, you will receive an Individual Choice Budget (IKB). The IKB consists of money (16.37% of your total annual salary) and time. With IKB, you can select the options that suit you and you can configure part of your working conditions yourself. For example, you can choose to pay a portion of your monthly income when you wish. You can also turn this budget into vacation and vice versa or spend it on tax-friendly goals. The national government attaches great importance to personal growth and career development and provides many opportunities for this. Additional benefits include numerous study facilities, company fitness, full reimbursement of public transportation costs, and partially paid parental leave.
• We expect the first talks to take place in January. The first conversations will be online.
• The Ministry of Education, Culture and Science is actively committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We work together in an organization where every employee feels shared and valued. In addition to your talents, experiences, and motivations, the different aspects of your identity make our organization richer, more innovative and more enjoyable. Talent as foundation, diversity as strength.
• If job-status candidates respond to work, they will take precedence over employees who move voluntarily. If you belong to this group, please attach a nomination or supporting document and indicate it in the appropriate field.
• Acquisition in response to this ad is not appreciated.
We will inform you by email. So keep an eye on your email. Add dienstpostbus.werving [email protected] to your Safe Senders List and make sure there are no messages in your SPAM folder.
Are you unable to upload your application documents?
Our system doesn’t (yet) handle file names that are too long or file names that contain spaces or strange characters. The advice is to keep the file name as short as possible without extraneous spaces and characters. If it still doesn’t work after that, you can send an email to Dienstpostbus.werving [email protected]
The Ministry of Education, Culture and Science invites you to apply on its website. Use the button below to leave this site and go directly to Application form. The central government values a diverse and inclusive organization. Working in diversified teams makes us more effective, innovative and more fun to work. Therefore, everyone is welcome to apply.
“Travel enthusiast. Alcohol lover. Friendly entrepreneur. Coffeeaholic. Award-winning writer.”