We are a couple weeks away from the 2013 NFL Draft. Around that time is when NFL fans start to get eager about the NFL season that starts in September. Yeah, that’s how it is in these parts.
Some teams are more active than others in the offseason but every team has something going on whether it is positive or negative. Here is a look at what has gone down in the past week.
Here is what has happened over the past week:
• Joe Flacco to portray Johnny Unitas in final scenes of upcoming film: ‘Unitas We Stand’. Interesting choice. What would have happened to Flacco if he didn’t connect on the bomb against the Denver Broncos? Here is what Unitas’ grandson said: Flacco is ’embarrassing choice’ to play NFL great in movie. Couldn’t agree more
• Seahawks will look at Matt Leinart and Brady Quinn. Considering Pete Carroll’s history at USC, Leinart makes the most sense
• Lawrence Okoye impresses at Super Regional Combine. Got to love the combine, right?
• Darrelle Revis must participate in voluntary workouts to collect bonus
• Ex-Rams TE Mulligan agrees to 1-year deal with Packers
• Bills officially announce Kevin Kolb signing. This was a so-so signing for the Bills but you can’t argue the fact that Arizona was at its best last season when Kolb was under center. For what it’s worth, which may not be a lot, he had a winning record last year
• Tommy Kelly Agrees to Two-Year Deal With Patriots
• Tampa Bay Buccaneers re-sign quarterback Dan Orlovsky
• JaMarcus Russell cancels pro day, will visit with team. Would he be a good option anywhere? Not likely, but the low-risk situation may be worth a try to some teams
• Browns agree to terms on a one-year deal with receiver David Nelson
• RG3’s jersey all-time best seller. Who doesn’t want this jersey? If you had to get one jersey, RG3 has to be in every fan’s top 5. Unless your team is in the NFC East, of course
• Raiders sign CB Mike Jenkins, re-sign DE Andre Carter
• Dolphins, Miami-Dade agree on stadium funding, but voters must approve
• Dawan Landry signs with New York Jets
Here is the latest injury news around the NFL:
• Another Rob Gronkowski setback, readiness for season in jeopardy. Gronk is a great player but his inability to stay healthy has been concerning in his brief NFL career
• Dez Bryant: Broken finger isn’t a problem. It’s important for Bryant to be 100 percent healthy for the upcoming season. He is a big weapon for Tony Romo and is explosive when he’s on his game