It’s officially May and that means we are only a couple months away from the start of the 2013 NFL season.
Things will continue to pick up throughout the course of the next couple months, but here is what we saw this week:
Here is what has happened over the past week:
• New York Jets release quarterback Tim Tebow. It was destined to fail when the signing happened. But what we didn’t realize is how it would all go down. Tebow was NEVER given a real opportunity to start the position and it’s a shame. Why even bring him over in the first place?
• Indoor team offers Tim Tebow contract and $75/week salary. Absurdly crazy. Like beyond crazy. Indoor teams only can offer $75 a week?
• Report: Geno Smith’s agents said to skip Senior Bowl. Smith fired his agents following draft slide
• Chiefs trade Javier Arenas to Cardinals in exchange for Anthony Sherman
• Anonymous player: HGH use in NFL ‘like clockwork’. Of course this is an anonymous quote…nobody can man up and put a face to the word anymore
• Tennessee Titans to release wide receiver Lavelle Hawkins
• Source: Jets have not given Mark Sanchez any indication that he will be traded or released. All quarterbacks in camp will fight for the starting job. When this is the thought around a football team, at the most impactful position, you know you are going to have issues all year long
• Colts deal Jerry Hughes to Buffalo for LB Kelvin Sheppard
• Report: Tyrann Mathieu getting no guaranteed money from Cards. You are going to have to prove yourself, kid. And I mean on and off the field
• Aaron Rodgers’ contract extension includes $35M signing bonus; he is expected to make roughly $40M this season
• Jaguars still have zero interest in Tim Tebow. If even his hometown team doesn’t want anything to do with him, you know it might be time to turn to Canada
• Cutler pleased with Bears’ OL additions. Wouldn’t you be excited if you’re Jay Cutler? He’s been harassed and abused ever since coming over from Denver
• Tom Coughlin: Victor Cruz contract ‘a concern’
• Jaguars’ Justin Blackmon suspended for first four games of 2013 season for violating the NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse
Here is the latest injury news around the NFL:
• Brandon Meriweather remains on schedule for training camp return
• RG III: Playing thrugh injury was ‘mistake’. You bet it was. You don’t mess with one of the up-and-comers at the quarterback position in his first season. You just don’t do it