Stunning news came from the NBA this week, as the saga of the return of Chris Bosh finally seemed to get a definitive conclusion.
Bosh, who has been sidelined with blood clots twice in two years, had previously been told by Heat team doctors that he would not be cleared for training camp.
Chris Bosh failed his physical and won’t be cleared by the Heat for training camp. (via @ByTimReynolds)
— Legion Hoops (@LegionHoops) September 23, 2016
After getting the disheartening news, rumors began to swirl regarding a rift between Bosh and the front office, with reports that Bosh had not spoken to Heat President Pat Riley in months.
Those reports came to fruition over the weekend, as Riley addressed the media and made the startling comments confirming Bosh’s end of the road in Miami.
Wow. Pat Riley says Chris Bosh’s career in Miami is over.
“We are not working toward his return.” (via @ByTimReynolds)
— Legion Hoops (@LegionHoops) September 26, 2016
And with that, the career and promise of a star that was a part of two title teams in Miami ended. What is next for Bosh is unknown, with the indication that Bosh may not ever get cleared to play again, despite his wishes to.
If this truly is the end of the line for Bosh, here’s to an amazing career and cheers to a great guy in his life after basketball.