All things come to an end at some point and for the Miami Heat, its win streak stayed on 27 after losing to the Chicago Bulls.
What does the loss mean? Nothing. It’s one game and losing to an average team was bound to happen because it’s simply impossible to get up for every single contest.
The only thing that matters for the Heat is winning another NBA title and right now they are on track.
What has happened in the past couple days:
• Chicago Bulls stop Miami’s win streak after pulling out the 101-97 victory. Chicago was without Rose, of course, and others but they had enough to pull off the upset. Winning in Chicago has always been tough and the Bulls proved it on Wednesday
• Nuggets destroy Nets 109-87 to win 18th straight at home. With their win streak being broken at New Orleans, at least their home winning streak is in tact
• Tim Duncan’s 3-point play with two seconds left urges Spurs to victory over the Clippers. He scored 34 points in the game
• Celtics’ Paul Pierce recorded his 10th career triple-double after scoring 20 points, recording 10 rebounds and dishing out 10 assists against the Atlanta Hawks. Pierce won’t go down as the greatest Celtic to ever play but he continues to push his name into the top five conversation
• Timberwolves defeat Oklahoma City 101-93 despite Kevin Durant’s 36 points
• LeBron James scores 36 points in Miami’s 108-89 victory of New Orleans to get Miami back on track
• Bucks oust Lakers 113-103; Los Angeles slides to one game over .500
Latest injury news to note:
• Magic lose Jameer Nelson but beat the Wizards 97-92
• Amar’e Stoudemire pleased with rehab, eyes playoffs for his return
• Ainge says two weeks’ rest sufficient for Kevin Garnett
• Indiana Pacers’ Danny Granger (knee) done for season. This is a huge loss for the Pacers who were expected to be one of the few teams to compete with the Miami Heat in the NBA’s Eastern Conference. Congratulations, Miami, your path to the NBA Finals just got easier
What to look forward to in the next couple days:
• Miami visits San Antonio in what was supposed to be Miami’s best chance to lose during their streak. Now that they have lost, it should be intriguing to see how they come out and play against one of the best teams in the NBA
• New York travels to South Beach to play the Heat on Tuesday night
• Los Angeles Clippers host Indiana Pacers on Monday night